The budget is more than a balance sheet – it’s a statement of our values. Last week Governor Gretchen Whitmer released her 2022 budget proposal and we are proud to say it is rooted in the values of equity and reproductive justice.
From education, to health care, to clean drinking water, to child care, Governor Whitmer is not just fighting for our values, she is funding them.
Her groundbreaking proposal would:
- Make the largest investment in public education in Michigan’s history
- Expand childcare subsidies to 150,000 additional families
- Invest in the Great Start Readiness Program for preschool students
- Expand the Infant Home Visiting Program to at-risk families
- Address health disparities and provide additional community-based health navigators
- Invest in Race, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Provide funding for critical criminal justice reforms
- Invest in the Lead Poisoning Prevention Fund
- End the “tampon tax”
- And many more crucial investments.