Last week, a group of Republican state Senators introduced a massive package of 39 election-related bills. Hidden among them are 10 anti-voter bills that would make it harder for eligible people to exercise their right to vote.
Our team jumped into action and engaged 263 volunteers who made 2,588 legislative calls directly into the offices of lawmakers.
We also sounded the alarm to make sure the public was aware of these anti-voter bills.
We need to continue building on the incredible momentum we have so we can fight back against this voter suppression to protect democracy and Michigan voting rights. There has never been a more critical time to stand up for Michigan voters.
Here’s what’s coming up next in our Voters Fight Back campaign:
- We’re launching a digital outreach program to raise awareness and engage even more people in direct action
- This week, we’re hosting a legislative information call to share the latest news and updates on this anti-voter effort
- Following the legislative info call, we’ll host a letter writing workshop to help you send direct letters to your lawmakers and local publications
- We’re coordinating a massive literature drop soon to alert constituents in the districts of lawmakers who introduced the legislation
- Our regional teams are scheduling phone banks once lawmakers return to Lansing after spring break
- We will continue to build up volunteer teams at the local level so we’re ready to take immediate action when the time comes
We know that these anti-voter bills in Michigan are part of a national campaign in response to overwhelmingly high voter turnout across the country. This radical, national campaign is targeting swing states like Michigan.
We need to build a strong foundation now because we know this fight is far from over. Here are actions you can take today to fight back against voter suppression in Michigan:
- RSVP to VNP’s legislative information call followed by a letter writing workshop this Wednesday at 7 PM EST. RSVP here.
- Send an email to your state Senator using this easy-to-use form here. We started an email for you, but we encourage you to add a personal example of how these bills would impact you. Get started here.
- Make a contribution toward the Voters Fight Back campaign to help us engage with more people across the state who are ready to fight back against voter suppression at every stage.
- Sign up for a lit drop shift in key districts to alert constituents what their lawmakers are doing to restrict voting rights in Michigan. Sign up for a shift here.
This is just the beginning of what’s to come as we come together to protect the right to vote in Michigan.
Thank you for standing with Voters Not Politicians as we fight back against voter suppression,
State Field Director
Voters Not Politicians
This email was sent by Voters Not Politicians
PO Box 16180 Lansing, MI 48901 | (517) 225 1812
Voters Not Politicians is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to strengthening democracy in Michigan by engaging citizens in projects and initiatives across the state.
We want to keep you updated on the important work our organization is doing across the state, but we understand that you receive a lot of emails each day. If you would like to receive fewer emails or unsubscribe from Voters Not Politicians, click here.